Thursday, December 17, 2009

Story Time

We did not receive the results from the MRI tonight so there is not a lot to report. I want to take a few minutes to share a story with you. As we are now all in this together you know what we are experiecing right now. As I left Shay's room tonight something really neat happened.

I am continously amazed at the cast of characters God is using in Shay's story. He has used so many people in so many ways that I can't even describe. Tonight he used the most unlikely character to really enourage me in a time of need. As I was leaving the unit the ICU housekeeper approached me. She is an older lady who quietly comes in and cleans Shay's floor and then quietly leaves. She was very hard to understand but I was holding to her every word. She asked me are you that young mans brother pointing toward Shay's room. I said no mam that is my nephew. She said "well I just want you to know that I have worked in the hosptial for several years and I have never seen anyone go through what he has gone through. He is the toughest boy I have ever seen. I want you to know that God has his hands all over him. God is going to heal to him. I pray for that boy every night when I go home." We went on and had a conversation about Job and the trials he faced. Shamefully I never got her name but God used her tonight to lift my spirits. I don't know anything about this lady but I would ask that as you pray for Shay tonight pray for the Lord to bless the houskeeper from PICU in some way.

Friday will be a big day of news. Shay's vitals are stable and he looks great. He actually looks better than I have seen him look through this whole ordeal he just simply won't wake up. Please continue to pray for a postive MRI reading and for Shay to regain alertness. Blessing to all of you. 

4 comments:

  1. Shay you are such a blessing. You have blessed Uncle Chris and I life so much. We have so many fun and funny memories with you, we are ready for many more. You are one of the toughest, but also sweetest kids I know. You have always thanked and told us how much you loved us. We love you so much Shay and we are going to keep on hoping and praying that you will wake up. I am going to talk your ear off tonight,in hopes of a will you please be quiet Aunt Kelly. Shay you are Awesome and I love you so much:)
    Aunt Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lord I pray for a good day tomorrow Lord. I pray the MRI will come back showing no brain damage to Shay's brain. I pray that Shay will wakeup soon. I pray you will continue to heal his body. Lord You have blessed us so much and we thank you for that. There have been several times we thought we were going to lose shay and you pulled him out of it. Thank you Lord. Dear Lord I pray that you will be with Danny and Christy tomorrow. Let them feel your love all around them holding them tight. Lord I pray you will bless the cleaning lady and all the hundreds of amazing people who have blessed this family. Lord I pray you will also be with little Pearl and my dad. You are an Awesome God and I love you. Thank you for all my many blessings. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shay,

    You are amazing, you have fought a long tough battle and still continue to fight. We pray everyday many times a day that you will wake up and make a full recovery. Your canadian dad is home and we will be coming to see you Saturday and then Kyle will be home monday and will come and see you. Your Mom and Dad have also been amazing through this journey with you, they have been so strong and are staying postive. You guys have alot of people that love you and that have been so helpful. Shay we love you so much and can't wait until you wakeup and talk to us.

    Love ya
    Mama Sharkey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shay,

    I am still praying for you everyday and will not stop. Again, as I always say, you are one of Gods greatest Miracles. He has a plan for all of this that you are going through. Just like the housekeeper said, God does have his hand on you. It is weird because everytime I am at work (which is everyday unfortunatley)I go to your blog to read the updates about how things are going. But when I go to exit out of the page, my computer will keep bringing up at least 60 pages of your blog non stop with your face..is that not weird? And it only does it to your blog page. If I am on my blog page or any other site it never does that. Idk its a sign that your always on my mind and that you are in Gods hands. I pray everyday that you will fight this and so far it has done its justice. Hang in there little man! Oh wait nevermind you are almost an adult! One more year until the big 18!! I love you lots!

    Mwah! Mallory

    ReplyDelete