Saturday, December 19, 2009

Initial Funeral Information

Don't know some of the specifics but wanted to go ahead and get some information out to folks since we have some that will be traveling.

The visitation will be held Tuesday night at one of the Greenlawn funeral homes. I will know the specifics of location and times sometime tomorrow.

The funeral will be held Wednesday afternoon at the Fair Grove High School gym. Shay's mom and dad felt that having the funeral in the gym was most fitting because of Shay's love for Fair Grove and the outpouring of support from the Fair Grove student body. Once again we have not determined a time but we will solidify that tomorrow as well. I do want to go ahead and start spreading the word to the fair Grove student body and the Fair Grove community about the funeral. We are going to take a little different approach than the norm. We really want to just celebrate Shay's life. Shay never really was one for dressing up so rather than getting all dressed up in our fancy pants we are asking that you simply pack the house in purple. Essentially we are asking the purple thunder to dress like they would for any sporting event. Now I guess all you okies who don't have purple can simply wear the Oklahoma Sooner crimson and cream, one of Shay's other loves ;)

If you are traveling from Oklahoma and need a place to stay please let me know and we will work on finding you a place. If you are looking for a hotel try to find something around I-44 and North Glenstone. This will put you in close proximity to both Fair Grove and the funeral home located in Springfield.

I will post the final times on Sunday. Thanks everybody!

5 comments:

  1. Dear Stalling family,
    I just want to take this time to thank you for keeping us updated with this blog. I have lived in Fair Grove all my life and never have a seen a person effect the lives of students and community members the way Shay did. I know that even though we morn his death now at his funeral it will indeed be a true celebration of his life! I will be keeping all of you in my prayers for the next coming days! Once again thank you for everything. If you need anything please let me know!
    love always,
    Amie Cleeton

    ReplyDelete
  2. christy and danny
    i wanted to tell you how much i love you all
    and i will miss shay boy with all my heart but i know that he is a special angel of god and looking down on all of you and your family
    love amanda rezner herren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Stallings Family,
    How fitting for us all to wear purple, you can be sure that we will. We never met Shay but he has truly changed our lives forever. Thank you for keeping us updated and allowing to witness God's miraculous love. We love you and are constantly praying for you.
    Ron, Stephanie, Hannah, and Lydia Marsh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Stallings Family,
    I just wanted you to know that I am deeply sorry about your loss. In the little time that I got to know and take care of Shay he truly touched my life. It was an honor and a priviledge to get to know you, Shay, and the rest of your family. Shay's presence is truly missed. I will pray DAILY that Shay feels no more pain and that God will heal your hearts too.
    Tonya (RT at OU Children's Hospital)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stallings Family,
    On behalf of the heart team, we just wanted you to know how special we all feel Shay is. We always pray for great outcomes, but when our prayers are not in God's plan please know that our hearts break with yours and all of his multitude of family and friends. As I read over all the expressions of love so many people have for this young man and his exceptional family, I feel so honored to have been so fortunate to meet this incredible soul.
    Shay's strength and endurance is inspirational, as is the strength and endurance of Shay's family. Prayers for comfort to all of you during this most difficult time.

    Sincerely,
    The Heart Team and Surgical Staff

    ReplyDelete