Friday, December 11, 2009

December 11th

The morning started off a little rocky.  His left lung had air around it so they had to put in a chest tube. They got a lot of air and crud to come out which is good. He had hemodiaylisis  today. They put a catheter in to check his urine and they got some out. They said there is a slight chance that his kidneys may be coming back. Shay had physical therapy in which they worked him out pretty hard doing bench presses Coach O'Neal style. Shay's nurse said his muscles were popping out.

Next Wednesday will be big care meeting involving the cardiologist, kidney doctor, ICU doctor, social worker, and rehab doctor. In this meeting they will be talking about the expected outcomes. They will be talking about the expectations for his heart, lungs, kidneys, and liver and possible dates for starting rehab. This will be a big meeting and we need continued prayer for the healing of Shay's organs and his mental health. Shay is having a difficult time now that he is aware of the reality of his condition and is appearing to be a bit depressed.

I will probably be blogging every other day from now on unless significant news occurs. Just wanted everyone to know that nothing is wrong but as Shay's become more stable there is less to report.  

4 comments:

  1. Hi everyone,
    I talked to the nurse about an hour ago and Shay is still having some fluid output, about 5cc's per 1/2 hour to an hour from his bladder. I would call it urine, but it doesn't look like any urine I have ever seen, however, this gives us some small hope that his kidneys are trying to start working again. We need lots of prayers for this!

    The real reason I am blogging now is because I just got a phone call from the hospital, and yes, my heart stopped as soon as the phone rang, but the nurse said that Shay insisted that she call me to let me know that he would like to have us bring him a blue icee, a V8 and a YooHoo tomorrow morning... he then fell fast asleep... I think he's feeling a little better!! That's my boy! :)
    Love to all, have a great night!
    Christy Stallings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shay,
    Glad to hear that your getting better!! I'm a fan of blue icee's as well so i can't blame you for wanting one! lol I hope you are able to make a quick trip through rehab and get back to us here in FG asap! Stay strong and keep up the faith!
    love always,
    Amie Cleeton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Shay,
    I have never met you in person but I am a huge Fair Grove Fan and just wanted to tell you that they had the football banquet today where they recognized your contributions to the team.!!! Way to Go!!!( there was thunderous applause when he mentioned you!!)Coach O'Neal says your a fighter and we all know he is great at picking talent!!!! Would love to see you back filming next year, football season is really not that far off when you think about it!!! Everyone here is pulling for you!!! Take care of yourself and we will all continue prayers for your healing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Shay, we just got back from the football banquet. Jason mentioned his favorite film guy and you got a massive round of applause. We are still missing you. Please come home soon so Jason will have someone to watch the highlight video with. He was sitting there like he had never watched it before. I don't mind sharing the glory moments with him, but when he rewinds each highlight five times....really.

    Take care buddy. I can't wait to come see you over Christmas. I definitely know my way now. I had a little detour last time we came to see you. I was asking Jason to help me watch signs because we were in Tulsa and it was a little confusing. ANYWAY, apparently he was too busy watching...yes....FOOTBALL FILM on the lap top to look up until after I had already gotten on some sort of Creek Toll Way. We had to cough up change every mile.

    Have a good night rest. I will be checking on you a ton tomorrow. We love you.

    ReplyDelete