Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Out of Surgery

Well Shay has made it out of surgery and is on his way up to ICU. The surgeon stated that they did everything they needed to do and there were no issues with Shay during the surgery. There is still a small air leak and how this heals will depend on what Shay's body can do. Simply his repaired lung needs to inflate. We are now entering into a waiting game. In order to determine the level of the brain injury we will need to have an MRI. At this point Shay is not strong enough to go through that. For the moment just contine to pray for Shay to get stronger and pray that any brain injuries would be minimal.

7 comments:

  1. Still praying in Red Oak Oklahoma!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all are constantly being lifted up to God.

    Doug Loafman
    Moore,OK

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are all still praying for you and your family continue to rest and leave the rest to God. We love you very much Shay. See you this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is not a second that goes by without all of us in Florida praying for you(all of you) You all are the first thing I think of when I wake up and the last thing I think about before I go to bed at night!!! I love you all so very very much and I wish I could just take away all the stress and worries that have come with this illness, but I can't. But I do want all of you to know I am here for anything you guys need!! We are praying non-stop!!! Love you more than words can say!!! Keep the faith and stay strong!

    Hugs & Kisses
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danny & Christy & family,

    Just saw the update, we want you to know we are here if you need us for anything!!!!

    My entire family is praying non-stop for a complete recovery!

    We love you,
    The Herren Family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shay, Mom, and Dad,

    Keep fighting, and never give up. Your faith is strong, as is mine in you, and I believe with all of my heart that we (especially YOU, Shay Stallings!) are going to make it through this. All my love and hope are with you.

    Nicki

    ReplyDelete