Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Shay Stallings Memorial Scholarship Fund

Danny and I would like to thank everyone for their support during Shay's battle while at OU Medical Center, Children's Hospital in OKC, as well as those who were able to attend the services for Shay. Your love, prayers and support is what has gotten us through each day.

Danny's cousin, Rick Hughlett, was gracious enough to set up a Memorial Scholarship Fund in Shay's name for us. This fund will provide one scholarship annually to a Fair Grove High School graduate to attend Ozark Technical Community College while pursuing a degree in teaching, as Shay wanted to follow in his Uncle Chris' footsteps and become a teacher. Our goal is to raise $10,000 for this fund over the next year so that the interest from the fund can be used for the scholarship and it will live on and on...

If you would like to contribute to this fund, you can make checks payable to the "Shay Stallings Memorial Scholarship Fund" and mail them to Commerce Bank at 1345 E. Battlefield St., Springfield, MO 65804, please be sure and put "ATTN: Carolina Decker" on the envelope.

Again, we want to thank everyone for you continued prayers as we try to make sense of our loss, they are very much needed.
God Bless each of you!!
Love to all,
Danny and Christy Stallings

5 comments:

  1. I would like to Thank everyone from OU childrens hospital to the Nursing staff which was awesome and the physicians who you can not say enough about, the RT's who were awesome. You all are very professional people and you can tell you love your jobs. Thank you for taking care of my nephew and his Mom and Dad during this very difficult time. You always made us feel welcome and kept them informed on what was going on. You are really awesome and special people. Thank you again may God bless each one of you as you help another family through their difficult time.

    God Bless

    Sandi Jones
    Aunt of Shay Stallings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scholarship idea is truly awesome. I plan on teaching as a career and coaching basketball. Your family is just amazing and I'm so glad to have had the chance to get to know Mr. Stallings and his family.
    Krysta Baker

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am missing you so much Shay. I still expect you to walk in the door around 3:00 every day and tell me how school went, or to come out of your room and say, "hey Mom, give me a hug" or "I love you Mom." I know that you are in a better place and that you are happy being face to face with our Lord and Savior, but I just can't seem to get my brain to understand that your no longer here with me. Zayne asks where his Bubby is almost every day. He misses you so much, he even cries for you in his sleep sometimes. I try to explain that you are in Heaven, but it's difficult for a 3 yr old to understand. He asks if Heaven is in the sky and "how do we get there to see Bubby, I want him here!" It is so hard to imagine life without you here with us all. I'm just going through the motions hoping that I can someday find some peace, I just don't know how to do that yet. I love you so much, my heart aches for you. I miss you every moment of each day and will until we see each other again, my sweet boy.
    Love Always,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shay, you made life so much happier. Every time I do something dumb I can hear your voice laughing at me and cracking jokes. Maybe even calling me a "ritard" as you and Allie so eloquently said it. I miss you every single day. You were my light, and the world is just duller without you in it. You're irreplaceable. I promise that I'll take you everywhere with me, from now until we end up in the same place. You always wanted me to write a song about you. I'm sorry it took losing you for me to get around to it. I'm sorry I wasn't with you when you left us. I'm sorry for taking you for granted. I just hope that you know how important you are to me, and all the rest of our family. You were our comic relief, our happy place. You could make us laugh even in the most tense situations. And now there's no one to bicker and argue with me. Thank you for arguing with me, driving me crazy, and making me smile for 17 years. So far, they're my favorite years of my life. I love you, Shay Stallings. You're the most amazing brother I could ever have asked for.
    Love You BooBoo,
    CoCo

    ReplyDelete